The Illinois Department of Commerce’s Office of Trade & Investment (OTI) offers undergraduate juniors and seniors the opportunity to support, and learn about, the State of Illinois’ initiatives that help strengthen the Illinois economy. With its headquarters in Chicago and 10 foreign offices around the world, the Office of Trade & Investment is dedicated to helping small and medium sized businesses expand their global reach, increase exports abroad and promote foreign direct investment in the Land of Lincoln. OTI internship opportunities are available throughout the calendar year.
- Assisting senior trade specialists in the preparation of international trade missions
- Assisting OTI staff in the preparation of trade events
- Data mining for internal research and production of promotional material
- Cataloging perspective client information
Please note that interns do not receive compensation or financial aid.
- Current, or incoming, undergraduate juniors or seniors
- Available for a minimum of two days a week for two months (opportunities for extension)
- Enrolled in an accredited American university
Application preference will be given to those with International Business, Business Administration, International Relations or Marketing majors, but all appropriate applicants are welcome.
How to Apply:
We have a rolling-application window. The Office of Trade & Investment accepts intern applications year round and hire based off of the needs of the office.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to “Godfrey.Angara@illinois.gov” with the email subject titled “[LAST NAME] _ OTI Intern Application”