Speech and Debate Teams
Illinois State University is home to a nationally recognized forensics team with 10 national team championships and over 80 individual titles in its history. Forensics at Illinois State offers Lincoln-Douglas policy debate as well as individual speaking events competition in interpretation, public speaking, and limited preparation genres. Members of Illinois State Forensics have the opportunity to travel across the nation. Dedicated members of the team are even eligible for partial tuition waivers and special scholarships. Check out more information about the Speech or Debate teams as well as a new video about forensics!
Share in our pride of the Illinois State Forensics Union. You can help ISU forensics by contributing to the Endowment for Forensics or our Restricted Foundation Account for Forensics. Every gift matters!
- ISU Summer Speech and Debate Institutes are now accepting applications through June 23! Click here for information and the application. Or visit our Summer Institute page on Facebook!
- Congratulations to the ISU Campers on a fantastic showing at IHSA State! Special congratulations to State Champions Bijoy Shah and Teresa Estrada!
- We are looking for a Graduate Teaching Assistant to work with our speech team and forensics program beginning in Fall 2017. The application deadline is February 1st.
- Congratulations Director of Debate Shanna Carlson on earning a Masters degree in Communication!
- Welcome to new Assistant Director of Individual Events Richard Heyne!